What year and model is my club car cart?
The serial number/barcode decal is found just below the glove box on most models.
Do you own a Club Car Onward?
Please call us for assistance at 1-800-444-9994
What Year Is My Club Car® Golf Cart?
Since 1981 Club Car® Golf Carts have positioned their serial numbers just under the glove box on the passengers side of the vehicle. The serial number of each vehicle is printed on a bar code decal. The two letters at the beginning of the serial number "A" indicate the vehicle model. The following four digits "B" indicate the model year and production week during which the vehicle was built. The six digits "C" following the hyphen represent the unique sequential number assigned to each vehicle built within a given model year. (See chart below to find your model.)
This Example Serial Number is for a (PH)Precedent I2 Excel (0901)Year-2009 Made the 1st Week (123456)Unique Number For This Particular Cart.
On Club Car® Golf Carts prior to 1981, you can find the serial number by raising the seat and locating the aluminium, I-beam frame section closest to the batteries on the driver's side of the car. If the serial number plate has been removed, you can confirm it is a 1975-1980 model if it has two brake pedals and one accelerator pedal.
|Differences Between 1982-2000.5 and 2000.5-Present Club Car® DS Models|
|1982-2000.5 DS Model Club
||2000.5-Present DS Model Club Car®
Note: Both models shown above were made in the year 2000. Therefore, if your Club Car® is a 2000 model, we must know which style (one seat back version or two seat back version) you have so we can provide you the correct accessory or part for your vehicle.
- 1982-2000.5 Club Car® have two distinct seat backs while 2000.5-present models have a connected (one piece) seat back
- 1982-2000.5 Club Car® have silver aluminium top supports while 2000.5-present models have black top supports
- 1982-2000.5 Club Car® have a thin top while the 2000.5-present models have a thicker top with handles on each side of the back third of the top.
|Differences Between The DS & Precedent Models|
|1982-Present DS Model
||2004-Present Precedent Model
Note: If you have ANY questions regarding your cart model please feel free to contact us any time at 888-444-9994 7 Days a week.
- 1982-Present DS Models have a distinct square front nose with a small black plastic bumper on the lower part of the front end.
- 2004-Present Precedent Models have a more rounded front nose with a wide black plastic bumper that wraps all the way around the cart.
- The DS Models do have a split year which is easy to tell just by looking at the seat backs. If there are 2 individual seat backs that is a characteristic of the 82-00.5 models. If there is one continuous seat back that would be indicative to the 00.5-Present models.
- The Precedent will have 2 sub models which you will hear referred to as the “Champion” or “Professional” models. Easiest way to tell is the steering wheel,if you cart has a square center it is the Professional if it is round you have a Champion.